Thursday, December 27, 2012

Scandinavian Winter

Just a note to say I haven't stopped flying, but from the middle of November until the end of December, we can expect to get very little VFR weather in Sweden. The rest of Northern Europe isn't much better. I am working on my IR now, and that will help get me where I need to go during those cloudy, warmish months in the Spring and Autumn. Unfortunately, the Winter brings ice and the clouds are treacherous for that reason, so I'll probably always be subject to this early-Winter down time. It's a good season to be indoors hitting the books, however, so that's what I'm doing.

With a little luck, things will look better in January and February. Still cold, of course, but we often get clear Winter days that are a joy to fly in.

- Brian 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment in the spirit of the blog: to be helpful and informative.